Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mrs. Mo is headed to Mexico!

If you are one of my friends on facebook, you are probably more than aware that I booked my ticket to Puerto Vallarta for October 26! Only one month away! I was originally going to wait until November to visit my hubby, but since my passport came early and I was already itching to hop on a plane, all signs pointed to "Just Book It!" I have emailed our contact in Puerto Vallarta and he is going to see if he can find us an affordable deal on a hotel, so the vacation plans are well under way. While we're in Puerto Vallarta, we hope to scope out the scene to see if it's an option for Raul to live and work.

Other than that exciting news, there is not really much new to report. Raul continues to check in on his grandmother and Lupita daily. He has also had the opportunity to meet most of his aunts, uncles, and cousins there. Raul has been enjoying the very authentic Mexican food, for the most part. He is getting his fill of homemade tortillas and enjoyed some very good turkey mole that his aunt made today. The sanitation methods there aren't quite what he was used to, but he says if he doesn't let himself think about it, he's okay. :)

One of the perks of living in Santa Monica is that its residents are qualified for free medical care. Apparently, Raul just has to fill out and file some paperwork and then he's ready to go. Just before he left Waukegan, his dentist suggested that he get his wisdom teeth out, so maybe we'll be able to get a good deal on that procedure south of the border!

I am in the process of adjusting as much as possible to the married-single life. I really need to kick my study habits into high gear now. I am hoping to finish a paper before I go to visit Raul.  We'll see if that happens... I am really thankful for my good roommie, my sister and her family, and my Journey Church family. They are all making sure that I do not have too many lonely nights at home.

And that's...about it for now!

2 comments:

  1. hope--so glad i finally found your blog! :) i'm praying for you and am so thrilled to hear the ways that God is providing for you and giving you peace during this time. How fun to have that giddy dating feeling when talking on the phone again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Johanna. Your prayers are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete