Friday, September 16, 2011

The first Friday

I'm not gonna lie, part of me is looking forward to the end of the weekend already. Crazy, I know! Weekends are when Raul and I had time to just be with each other and I always looked forward to our Friday night dates and our after church lunches. Even when we were just "special friends" we had most every Sunday lunch together, so I'm sure it will take me a while to adjust to the new pace of weekends. The good news is that I'm already so behind in homework and unpacking that I'll have plenty of things to keep my time occupied. :)

I was able to talk to Raul for a half hour this evening, the longest I've been able to talk to him thus far. For now, the plan is that I'll call him around 7:00 p.m. every evening on his grandpa's landline, so at least now I have that to count on and look forward to.

There are really no new developments to report. Raul is still meeting more and more new relatives and he is convinced that he's related to almost everyone in the town in some way. He really hasn't met anyone of his own age that he can hang out with, though. Raul has many close friends in Waukegan, so it's going to be really hard for him to adjust to not having someone to call up and hang out with whenever he has free time. He is also trying to adjust to having a lot of time on his hands since he has no job there and he's used to going to work every day and having other projects to complete around the house on the weekends.  He said that the days are really dragging for him already.

Raul's dad has been with him this week, but he is leaving from Mexico City on Sunday to fly back to the U.S. Raul will be traveling to Mexico City with him on Sunday and then stay overnight there so he can check in with immigration on Monday. Hopefully, the office is open this time and he can get that checked off of his immigration to-do list. While in Mexico City, Raul is going to try to find an Internet cafe somewhere so he can upload pictures to his facebook.

I guess that's all of the news from the Gizzos for now. Thank you again to all of you who have been upholding us in prayer. I am asking for you to specifically pray for Raul to find one or two people his own age that he can connect with down there. There is also really no church in his area that he can attend, so that is a concern as well. It is obvious that God has something in the works for Raul to do while he's in Mexico, please pray that he will give Raul the wisdom and strength to follow him in whatever he asks him to do in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment