Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 1

Our day began bright and early today as we left for the airport at 5:00 a.m. I went straight to work after dropping off the Mozo men at the airport, so I was there by 6:30 a.m. I don't think I've ever been that early for work in  my life! It was nice to be there by myself before the library opened so I could get most of my crying done and de-puff my eyelids by the time other staff arrived.

Raul called me at about 10:30 p.m. to report that he and his father arrived at his grandpa's house safely. We were under the impression that the bus ride from Mexico City to his grandpa's was only about 4 hours. However, it was more like 7. Unfortunately, they will have to make the trip to Mexico City again tomorrow because the amount of luggage made it too difficult for Raul to make his way to the Embassy to check in today.

Raul wasn't able to chat very long, but he did mention that his grandpa's house was a bit more "ghetto" than he had imagined and that he will quite possibly be looking for an alternative place to stay in the near future. He was not looking forward to sleeping on the floor with little critters crawling around.  His parents also own a house in Santa Monica, so that may be a possibility, but I don't believe Raul had a chance to see that house today since they arrived so late.

We are so thankful for everyone's support and generosity. Our Journey Church family threw Raul a going away party yesterday after church and we really appreciated the chance for Raul to say good-bye to people. A memory book was also presented and I had tears flowing down my face as I read the kind words that everyone had to say to Raul. God's work in Raul's life is so evident and I am proud to be his partner in life and in ministry.

I can't say that I'm enjoying this part of the journey right now, but I know that God's plan and timing is perfect and that his strength will be enough for both of us in the days ahead.

2 Corinthians 12:9-11
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you! Tell me where in Mexico he is...my sister lived in a few different places in Mexico...she might know someone somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope, we're thinking and praying for you. Thanks for starting this blog so we can share in your ups and downs. Miss you - His grace is sufficient for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your prayers. They are the only thing carrying us through.

    Karla, he's staying in Santa Monica, Puebla right now. It's south of Mexico City. We have a couple of other contact people right now, but the trick is to balance cost of living with job opportunities. So, if she has any suggestions, please let us know!

    ReplyDelete