Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 2 Ups and Downs

If you were to ask the Gizzos how they were doing today, I think we would both answer, "We're hanging in there." Raul has had a far worse day today than I have, though. As I mentioned before, he didn't check in with immigration yesterday because they didn't think it was a good idea to go there with all of the luggage. Well, after making the long bus trip back to Mexico City today, they found out that the office where they need to go is only open on Mondays and Thursdays. So, Raul and his father spent the whole day on a bus for nothing. He called me about an hour ago from a town about an hour away from Santa Monica where he and his dad will be staying for the night because his dad had business there anyway.

Raul didn't have much time to talk so he didn't go into detail, but he's pretty sure that he won't be able to stick it out at his grandpa's house until Christmas like we had hoped. So, we'll be looking at other options. We do still have Puerto Vallarta as an option, but it is definitely more expensive to live there, so he would have to begin working right away and we were wanting to make sure that he would be able to go to Panama for Christmas. The good news is that we do already have a second option. The mother of one of our friends has a house in Mexico which sits empty most of the time since they live in the U.S. From the sound of it, the house is in better condition than his current situation and there is internet availability right across the street. She is more than willing to let Raul stay there and even has a car there if he needs to get around. I'm sure everything will work itself out and we'll find a way to pay for him to have a place to live a little more comfortably with or without him having to find a job right away. I'll just be glad when we know where he will land. I'm sure Raul will be even more glad!

As could be expected, I had a pretty rough day. I kept it together for the most part throughout the day, but I fell apart a little bit when I got home and started packing the rest of my things that needed to be moved. It's amazing how fast I got used to the married life and being able to see my love every day when he got home from work. I was, however, able to pull myself together for the first night of my new small group that I am facilitating. It was hard at first to head to small group without my hubby by my side, but I did enjoy myself once I got there and they are an amazing source of support. After small group, I headed home to my roommie who has continued to be very supportive. She even packed me a lunch for today complete with my name on my bag and a smiley face.

I guess that's all the news for today. Hopefully, Raul's day goes a little bit more smoothly tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment