Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Still waiting...patiently (or something)

Exodus 16:8
Moses also said, “You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD.” 

When I was sharing with Raul all of the lessons I've been learning from those rebellious Israelite people, we discovered that we had both been making our way through the book of Exodus. Raul is speeding through it compared to me, but nonetheless, it has been really fun for us to be able to discuss what we're learning when we talk on the phone. For some reason (probably the Holy Spirit) we're both noticing things about the book that we had never noticed before. My insight from today was a little bit painful. In Exodus 16, God's chosen people seem to have again forgotten the many miracles that God had just performed for them and that he had delivered them from slavery. Instead of choosing to be excited about what God would do next, they decided to complain to Moses about their lack of food. However, they were ultimately complaining about (and to) God. Yet, God was merciful and provided them with manna and quail.

I came to the realization that I too am a complainer. Okay, that wasn't really a new revelation. But, the application that I came up with was a new one. Every time I complain about immigration and how long it takes for them to do anything, I am really complaining about God's timing and his plan he has for us. Ouch! Thank goodness he is merciful, eh?!

I must admit that I am getting antsy to hear something (even if it is that we have been sent for further review). According to the timeline they gave Raul, we have from about 1 to 5 more weeks to wait for the letter. Good thing I have learned my lesson about having patience and not complaining! ;)

There's really not much new to report. Raul was told by his municipal that since he's been living there a while, he has to do some work around the town like everyone else. So, tomorrow is his first day of "service" and he will be helping to pave a road. He has also been helping Lupita build a pen for her new pig that she purchased and has been watching the new baby chicks that hatched under his kitchen table--11 in all. I'm telling you, we're fixing to move to a farm in Iowa when he gets back so he feels at home! 

I've been keeping busy with homework as the end of the semester draws closer. I am hoping to do my practicum next Fall but I've hit a snag with the site I was planning on, so we'll see what happens with that. The weather here in Illinois has been unusually warm lately which reminds me that summer is right around the corner. While I'm looking forward to a break, I'm not looking forward to a summer without my husband. Good thing I'm not worrying about the future or that would really bum me out. ;)

Again, thank you all for your prayers. They are truly the reason why we are able to have peace during this time. We are so blessed to have friends and family all over the world praying for us. God is good...and BIG!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with me as well, a complainer! Hugs to u!Andreea

    ReplyDelete