Sunday, December 2, 2012

No More Mexican Vacations...Praise the Lord!


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:16-21


This is the blog post that I have been waiting to write ever since I first started this blog. I believe that this is the post that many of you have been eagerly anticipating as well. So...without beating around the bush, I am overjoyed to say RAUL IS COMING HOME TO THE U.S.! Though I have known the news now for almost 2 weeks, it still seems unreal. God certainly did do even more than I had even dared to imagine. He timed the letter to come the day before I left to Cancun to spend Thanksgiving with Raul. Instead of telling him over the phone, I was able to show him the letter in person. 

I must say that this moment was nothing like I had expected it to be. The letter was supposed to come to my house so that Raul and I could be the only ones to know for a while. Instead, the letter went to my sister's house and she broke the news to me over the phone while I was at the salon in Wal-Mart waiting for my pedicure (high class, I know!). Though I wanted her to wait and to let me come home and open it, she convinced me to let her open it since she was "90% sure the letter said approved". How did she know this you may ask? She and my mom held the letter up to the light! I gathered from the screaming on the other end of the line after she opened it that she was 100% sure. Though my roommie, who happened to be with me at the time, teared up at the news (bless her heart), I was pretty much in shock! 

We did not immediately spread the news because we wanted to make sure that his family knew before other people. Just this afternoon, I was able to be at his parents' house when he broke the news to his mom and the rest of his family over the phone. What a relief to everyone! It was like an early Christmas.

Though we know for sure he is coming home, we do not know when. He still has to be entered into the system and then he will have to travel to Juarez for another medical exam and maybe some other things. In typical Raul fashion, after he was able to speak when I showed him the letter he said, "But I want to make sure to stay until the Fiesta de Enero is over".  So, we know for sure he will not be home until the end of January or longer (even if he could be). :)

Thank you so much to all of you for your prayers! This is truly a miracle of God that The Gizzos will soon be reunited on this side of the border. I will finally be able to pick him up from the airport! God's timing is indeed perfect and we are excited to see the things he has planned for us in Waukegan (or perhaps somewhere else?). Though the journey has not always been easy, He supplied us with joy and many blessings along the way. God is GOOD. Praise be to God!

7 comments:

  1. So excited for you!!! God is so amazing and we're so happy for you both. What an amazing way to end your year and to start a new one together again. Continued prayers that all will work out smoothly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all of your encouraging words over the past year. They have really meant a lot to me. God is pretty amazing, isn't he?!

      Delete
  2. I think your roomie just had something in her eyes. It was probably all the chemicals from the nail salon. Well probably that and she's so excited for you because she has been there every step of the way and is Praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a softie and you know it, Jen! Thank you for all of your support...and giving me a place to live! Are you really planning on turning my room into a sewing room when I move out? ;)

      Delete
  3. I'm no softie!! Tough as nails! Well except with the occasional tears during a good criminal minds episode and sewing scrunchies. Your room will be the sewing/crafting/office I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO happy for you guys, Hope. What wonderful news! It will be so great to be reunited here. What an amazing answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say WOOOHOOOOO! So happy that the wait is finally over!

    ReplyDelete