Thursday, February 9, 2012

In Juarez Again

Raul began his journey to Juarez Wednesday morning.  He stayed overnight at the airport in Mexico City last night so that he could catch his early morning flight to Juarez this morning. His appointment at the Consulate is tomorrow morning at 11:00 a.m.  Unlike last time in Juarez, Raul had a friendly American face greet him at the airport when he arrived. A friend in Iowa told us of her missionary friend, Jim, who lives in Juarez where he and his wife are involved in a variety of ministries. I was able to contact him by phone and he offered to pick Raul up from the airport and to even let Raul stay in their home until Raul flies back to Mexico City. We are so thankful for his acts of kindness.

I just got off the phone with Raul and he seems to be in better spirits than his last visit to Juarez. I suppose part of the reason is that he knows more what to expect this go around. But, I also think he's enjoying being able to stay with Jim (his wife is currently in the States) and Jim's two dogs. Apparently, one of the dogs is very big and fluffy and has been a good source of stress relief for Raul already.

Turning in the waiver tomorrow is our final step in the process. From there, we just wait, and wait, and wait... :) As I said before, we will get a letter in about two months either stating that Raul has been approved for his visa and he can head back home to the States or stating that his case has been sent for further review. If that happens, we will probably have to wait 8 or 9 more months before we hear if he got approved or denied. There is a high likelihood that our case will be sent for further review since it is more complicated than many. However, God can do miracles, so nothing is certain at this point.

I will be relieved when the waiting is over, but the closer we get to a final answer, the more anxious I get. It feels like we are approaching our court date last May all over again. The only thing that keeps me sane (other than know that God's will will be done) is the fact that no matter what the verdict is, I will finally be able to reunite with my husband and live in the same home again. However, I am still really hoping that home happens to be in Waukegan!

For now, we are looking forward to my visit in the beginning of March. I will be with Raul on the anniversary of my dad's homegoing on March 4th and I'm glad that I will be there with him on that day since he has been so supportive through the whole thing. Thankfully, my mother will be able to be with my sister and family so she will have support as well.

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and prayers. Please hold Raul up in prayer tomorrow morning at 11:00 a.m. (Juarez time, which is one hour behind Illinois time) as he has his waiver appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment