Thursday, December 22, 2011

Panama here we come!

I had hoped to have time to write a longer blog tonight looking back on 2011 and looking forward to 2012, but packing has taken me much longer than anticipated and I need to get to bed so I can get up bright and early tomorrow to head to the airport. I spoke with Raul about an hour ago and he was at the airport in Mexico City. He decided just to stay overnight in the airport since his flight for Panama leaves early in the morning.

I, along with my sister and her family, will be headed to O'hare tomorrow morning and we will meet my mom and two of my "adoptive sisters" from Iowa Wesleyan at the airport. Though we leave tomorrow morning, we will not arrive in Panama until tomorrow night because we have a lengthy layover in Newark. Thankfully we have no blizzards in the forcast so there shouldn't be a danger of being stranded in the airport at Newark. That would be pure torture for me!

I am so thankful for this trip. It has been a rough year for my family and we have all been looking forward to this vacation and change of scenery. Thanks so much for all of your support and prayers.  Merry Christmas from the Gizzos!

1 comment: